Friday, September 25, 2015

2015 Star Wars Micro Machines!!!

I was at Target last week noticed all the new Star Wars stuff being promoted. Often times, I like to look at what toys are out there.

I couldn't believe when I saw the New Star Wars Mirco machines!!! There were single blind bags, 3 vehicle packs @ $4.99 and 5 vehicle packs for $9.99.

So I looked up every vehicle piece in the series and I knew what I wanted. Obviously, some of the older ones, I didn't want, it would be basically repeats.

But the New ships for the movies, I had to get!!! Sorry the video was sideways.


Again, they brought ships from the previous movies such as the Original Star Wars, but also movies that never got the Micro Machine love such as this pack!!

Star wars Revenge of the Sith! With 5 unique ships!!!
I then looked at each of the these big packs and the normal 3 vehicle packs.



the first pack included these.

I was sorely disappointed with Kylo Ren's Command Shuttle (as I show in the video) which show the quality of these. I micro machines from before are not as rubbery.

Resistance X wing and Luggabeast in the pack as well.











This set had Poe Dameron's X wing, a First Order Special forces Tie fighter and First Order Star Destroyer with damage. The star destroyer looks different from the original star destroyers.

















Alright, this set is from Attack of the Clones!!!

Slave 1, Republic Gunship and Obi Wan Kenobi's Jedi Starfighter

















This pack of ships is from the "Inquisitor's Hunt".

The Ghost, The Inquisitor’s TIE Advanced, and The Phantom Attack Shuttle


























The last pack I got was this pack. From the Force Awakens movie

Jakku Landspeeder, First Order Transporter, and Rey’s Speeder (Jakku)



-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
All the other packs are are not interesting to me at this time, but might spring for them, just avoiding doubles.

As I pointed out in the video, quality seems to be somewhat lower. The ships appear to be somewhat flimsy. the packaging seems really cheap too, compared to before and the back of the packages are generic with the actual information of the ships tucked in the right corner. These are sharp contrasts to the previous packaging and ships from the 90's.

Additionally I noticed something about this ship, the Tantive IV, which in the older micro machine series was called the Rebel Blockade runner. This new incarnation is smaller than the original.


But as they say, Beggars can't be choosers. I welcome back the mirco machine series as it makes me feel like a teenager again!


LET'S HOPE THERE IS MORE TO COME!!!! PLEASE HASBRO!!!!!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment